Process (click to view full images):
- Improve the information architecture of the current U of T Fees website
- Perform preliminary background research, user interviews and card sorts to learn about users' existing pain-points and mental models
- Create a diagram illustrating an improved navigation structure, heirarchy and labels
- Create and annotate low-fidelity sketches
- Create and annotate a clickable medium-fidelity prototype
Tools used: Pencil, paper, Balsamiq, Sketch (for the IA diagram), Figma, InVision
Client (Hypothetical): University of Toronto
Teammates: Lindsay Grant, Madeleine Pryce, Myrna Scully-Ashton, Sabrina Li
Role on Team: Performed background research, one card sort, worked with group to collaborate on low-fidelity sketches, synthesize research findings and created a large portion of the medium-fidelity prototype.
Skills Learned: In terms of hard skills, I learned to use Figma, which is a cloud-based wireframing software. I also developed my existing skills with sketching and the aforementioned wireframing and prototyping software. As for soft-skills, I improved my ability to work in a team of diverse individuals with varying schedules.
View InVision Prototype